Family, Career and Community Leaders of America
Visit Oregon FCCLA online at:
Celebrating 65 Years of Leadership
Everyone is part of a family, and Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) is the only national career and technical student organization with the family as its central focus.
Since 1945, FCCLA members have been making a difference in their families, careers, and communities by addressing important personal, work, and societal issues through family and consumer sciences education.
Chapters use the planning process to create projects which focus on a variety of youth concerns, including teen pregnancy, parenting, family relationships, substance abuse, peer pressure, environment, nutrition and fitness, teen violence, and career exploration.
Involvement in FCCLA offers members the opportunity to expand their leadership potential and develop skills for life that are necessary in the home and workplace: planning, goal setting, problem solving, decision making and interpersonal communication.
• FCCLA offers students opportunities for:
• Assessment and recognition of student work;
• Connection of school and students’ next steps;
• Development of critical thinking and practical reasoning skills;
• Access to applied learning resources;
• Service learning/community service;
• School-to-career partnerships;
• Student portfolio experiences; and
• meeting diploma requirements for essential skills.